Hey hey! Welcome to BOOTH WEEK!
A week completely devoted to FBI Special Agent Seeley Joseph Booth.
It’s today through next Thursday, at which point we’ll begin BRENNAN WEEK, which will take us to the season premiere (which is terrific).
This post actually sort of began when I was thinking about this week’s Top Five Tuesday. I had an idea that I wanted to list off the top five times Booth knew that he knew. I was sort of going crazy trying to limit it to five, right? It was getting out of hand, but I really thought that I should follow my own rules. Because a society cannot function without its rules, was what I was thinking. And then I thought, “Stop being a lamewad. It’s just a fun BONES blog about a show you love. So…have as many as you want.” Yep, I’m a free spirit rogue rebel on mySELF! I reached a compromise. I limited myself to 25. But please feel free to add your own choices in the comments! And maybe one of these days we’ll do the Top Five (OR MORE!) Times Brennan Knew, because let’s face it, she did and she does. Maybe not at the exact moment Booth did, but…seriously.
That’s what I’m talking about!
But enough of that, let’s get to Booth! These (mostly) aren’t in any particular order.
1. Booth sees her for the first time, and he knows she’s the most intriguing woman he’s ever seen.
2. Brennan repeats his words on the importance of their partnership and he knows she’s listening.
3. Brennan cooks him dinner and he knows he wants her love.
4. He flirts with her and he knows she’s the cutest genius he’s ever known.
5. Brennan stays, and he knows he’s got a second chance.
6. Brennan is hugging Max, and Booth knows he’d testify all over again if he had to.
7. He knew he couldn’t forget the taste of her, and he knows he never will.
8. He remembers his own words that Everything Happens Eventually and knows he’s right.
9. She touches him, even casually, and he knows he’s in big, big trouble.
10. They bicker all day, but she still knocks on his door, and he knows he can never turn her away.
11. He’s fought and arrested her father, and he knows she knows what that means
12. She’s asked him for a favor, and he knows he’d do anything for her. Anything.
13. She boils their relationship down to coffee and he knows he could never be satisfied with that.
14. He sees her in the black dress he bought for her, and he knows that if wanting her is a sin, then he’s a willing sinner.
15. He tells her there’s someone for everyone, and he knows he damn well wants to be hers.
16. He’s her partner, yes, but he knows it’s so much more.
17. He’s cold, he’s busy, he’s outside a prison, and he knows there’s nowhere else he’d rather be.
18. He’s a good man, and he knows he wants her to make him even better.
19. She’s missing, and he knows he’ll kill anyone who gets in the way.
20. She’s wearing that blue lab coat and those white gloves, and he knows he still wants her hands all over him.
21. She thinks she knows how special she is, but he knows it’s his job to tell her.
22. She touches him, and he knows he won’t be soothed by anyone else. He knows she takes his pain away.
23. He knows dying for her is the only reason he might not be with her for the rest of their lives.
24. He knew, and he knows.
25. He’s trying to move on, and he knows it will be impossible to do completely.
What did I miss? Talk to me! I want to hear from you.