Hey! So, Friday (the 22nd) was the official 1st anniversary of the 100DaysofBones. I can’t believe it’s been an entire year, but then again, sometimes, it seems so long ago that we started on that project! I’m so pleased with the community that’s formed here at BonesTheory, as well as the one that was formed over on 100DaysofBones. I made us a little cake. Everyone take a piece 🙂
Haha. But…I have to say, even if I’d never done the blogs, I’d still be crazy about BONES. So, in honor of the 1st anniversary, here are:
100 Reasons why I Can’t Quit Bones.
Hopefully there are one or two (or 30,40…50) you might agree with!
1. Amy Cullen: The Graft in the Girl: This might seem crazy to be at the top of the list, but I can honestly say this episode changed my life. It’s so passionate, and I remember crying when I first watched it, wanting so desperately to have something in my life that I was as passionate about. Of course, at that time, I didn’t realize that BONES was going to be one of those things. But…I’m okay with that.
2. Brennan steals Booth’s fries. This is just…beyond…I don’t even know. She’s so matter of fact about things, and this is no different. And Booth cannot deny her much of anything, let alone that. He loves it too.
3. Everything Happens Eventually. It had darn well better!
4. Booth and Brennan sing Keep on Tryin to one another at the diner. I can’t even listen to that song without smiling.
5. Vincent Nigel Murray. J’adore.
6. Fire in the Ice: The entire episode. Brennan’s sweet wave to Booth. His return wave and confident grin. His cocky attitude as team captain of his hockey team; the way Brennan gets nervous when he falls down and she rushes out to the ice. The way he makes her drive him home and the way she picks up the soup from the place for him. And I love the way she stays up all night skating with him to keep him awake, how they both sort of joke about how legit that is. And they can’t keep their hands to themselves in a sweet and special and comfortingly sexy kind of way.
8. I love how Brennan resists the hugs of everyone but Booth at the beginning of the season five opener.
9. Booth tells Brennan and us in The Man on Death Row: “I’ve never, ever cheated on any woman that I’ve ever been with. Never!” WOO!
10. Brennan kicks Jared under the table, but it was meant for Booth. Yeah, she’s definitely meant for him!
11. Because of all of you, of course! But seriously…isn’t there something special about people who love BONES?
12. Brennan’s reaction when Angela asks her to be her maid of honor in season two. I love that.
13. Booth took a bullet for Brennan. He saved her life. I mean, are you freaking kidding me!?
14. What she ‘knew’ is debatable, but it’s true that Brennan is absolutely as intrigued at first sight with Booth as he is with her. 15.Brennan comforts Kelly and Booth talks with Alex in The Boy in the Shroud.
16. The pretty necklaces and earrings that Brennan wears. Brennan is such a pretty character, and I love how unique they’ve made her.
17. Brennan and Booth get very flustered after the mistletoe kiss. Booth says, “I don’t know what that means,” and Brennan says she has “Stuff to do…with bones.” Hahahaha!
18. “Stop, or I’ll kick you in the testicles”
19. “Jesus is not a zombie”
20. Daisy, Daffodil, Jupiter: Booth knows Brennan. I love that. He’s not cocky about it (most times); he just plays it cool.
21. The way Brennan is always insanely curious but also slightly annoyed whenever Booth’s sex life is mentioned.
22. “Eureka! A gathering of guidos!”
24. Hodgins chillaxing in the bathtub: Truth in the Lye
25. “All right. What I want you to do is take off your glasses, shake out your hair, and say, “Mr. Booth, do you know what the penalty is for an overdue book?” Um, what? Did that really happen? It did. Booth has naughty librarian fantasies about Brennan! Whoa. Horse.
26. Booth and Brennan both hate the pain in the world, and yet they feel bound to it somehow. They have to ease the pain of people in the world; and that they’ve found one another in the process is just so…redeeming and beautiful to me.
27. When Zack tells Booth he knows more about honor than anyone.
28. Booth can’t take his eyes off of Brennan at the end of Boy in a Bush. And he gains confidence in himself, when she believes in him.
30. Judas on a Pole: The entire episode. Zack gets a makeover.The squints stand up for Booth and get him his job back. Max is scary and wonderful at the same time. Booth drives up like a bat out of hell in Caroline Julian’s Gremlin. Brennan falls against Booth’s chest for comfort when she sees the blood in her apartment. “There’s more than one kind of family”.
31. “What goes first?” “Gun goes first.” “That’s right!”
32. Stephen Fry as Dr. Gordon Gordon Wyatt, and the comedic chemistry between him and each character, especially David Boreanaz.
34. Have you ever noticed that a sunset looks more beautiful when you share it with somebody that you care about?
No, I haven’t. But I’ll pay better attention next time.
I love how Brennan is a genius, but is also willing to learn new things.
35. “There’s no such thing as magic.” “Oh…there’s magic” Oh, Booth. Two Bodies in the Lab
36. Mr. Buxley
37. The way Brennan agrees with Booth’s crappy sex vs. making love speech, and how surprised he is by that. It’s like he throws her for a loop, but she still gets the last word in. Love it.
38. Brennan can do scientific jibber jabber! And Booth is so proud of her!
39. Neither Booth nor Brennan is perfect. For some reason, this just makes me happy. It makes me crazy sometimes, but I really do like that we’re kind of seeing them evolve.
40. Wong Fu’s
41. “—Just to get the sheriff to let me look at the skull. When I asked him to let me send the skull to the Jeffersonian, he told me I’m not a cop and that I don’t have any jurisdiction.”
“Which is true. Okay, what, look…what do you want me to do?”
“I want you to get federal on his ass!”
42. Brennan hosting Christmas dinner in Goop on the Girl. I love that this woman who is wealthy (but isn’t obsessed with money) and who might consider herself family-less is actually the one who brings the team together as a family.
43. Drunk Booth leaning on Brennan on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial. More Drunk Booth with Brennan, please!
44. Booth and Brennan invite Sweets to the bowling rink alley in Man in the Mud.
45. Hodgins and Angela getting married. In jail, y’all.
46. Brennan never got a B, and she never will.
47. Booth asks Brennan to be his village, and she accepts, very happily. It’s sort of a reversal to her idea that she wants to have a baby on her own.
48. The way Cam calls Booth out on crap, because she cares about him. Because of the way she’s come to respect and care for Brennan.
49. Brennan stands up for Booth to Sweets in Secret in the Soil. “You don’t know Booth, you don’t know me. You have a limited view of us based on superficial data you’ve accumulated on a standardized questionnaire and a subjective analysis from talking to us that is not at all scientific, so back off!”
Sweets: Just trying to help.
Brennan: What? By questioning his humanity?
Booth: Ok, Bones, now you’re going a little bit overboard. He’s just a kid. Right? I mean the worst thing that’s probably ever happened to him was he lost in Mortal Kombat.
Sweets: Are you normally this protective of him, Dr. Brennan?
Brennan: Well, we are partners. Our lives depend on being protective of each other.
Sweets: And you feel the same way, Agent Booth?
Booth: Sweets, I can only hope that one day you’ll know what a real partnership is.
50. Mayhem on a Cross. What I love about this is how Brennan is the one who insists that they help Sweets. Booth is the one who touts that kind of thing all the time, but what he’s really saying to her is, “I want your heart; I want it to be mine.” But Brennan has evolved, and she actually believes that what Booth has said is true. And then she’s the one who helps Booth reveal something of himself. And they both sort of close up afterward, but also comfort each other in their own ways. Moments like those always leave me with the impression that, as pal JenLovesBones said the other day, she’s “the perfect fit for Booth in this world” and he’s the same for her.
51. “Sex, socks; pretty much the same word.”
52. I love the little 3-step skip hop thing Brennan does when she chases after Booth in the pilot episode, and a lot of other things perfectly captured in this video: B&B: You Can’t Handle Them (vid by pal Cammy). It just totally makes me smile and feel very good about BONES.
53. The opening of A Man on Death Row. Hilarious.
54. The ending of Bond in the Boot. Soothing and special.
56. Brennan listens as Booth tells her about his work as a sniper and she places her hand on his arm, and he takes her hand in his: Soldier on a Grave
58. Nothing Wider Than Seeley Booth. I love his striped socks and cocky belt buckle. And gray suit. And leather jackets. And face.
59. Brennan kisses Booth on the cheek: Has there ever been a more ‘spontaneous’ Brennan action?
60. The Man in the Bear: The entire episode. Bear Poop, cannibalism, corn flakes, definitive tones. Doesn’t sound like much, but it just so is…
61. Brennan’s answering machine, “Technically, you have not reached Temperance Brennan, but if you leave a message, it will reach her. Me. Temperance Brennan.”
62. How fierce Booth is toward Max and Russ and anything or anyone he associates with any sort of anything that might cause Brennan pain. “I’ll decide what is and isn’t an attack, like, say, a hiccup.”
63. Jasper, Brainy Smurf, a Christmas Tree, and all of the things Booth gives to Brennan until she’ll accept the love he has for her.
64. Booth’s charm smile, which Pal Smurfs has always said, “Makes good girls want to do bad things.”
66. My sister likes it, so we have that in common!
67. Hodgins’ general amazingness.
68. Tony & Roxie, Buck & Wanda, Bobby & Temperance
69. “What goes on between us…that should just be ours”.
70. Shoving a frozen pig through a wood chipper and other experiments!
71. Because “Dancing Phalanges” and “There was a baby in that car, you son of a bitch” were all in the same episode. Brennan is awesome.
73. Hot Blooded
74. “I don’t know what that means.” There’s something almost liberating (for me, at least) about being able to say this with no shame. If I don’t know what something means, I just say so.
75. Booth calls Brennan over to his apartment to fix his back; when she tries to resist, he charms her into doing it, and she knows it. And he knows that she knows. And she knows that he knows that she knows. And I love it.
76. Booth flies down from DC: Man in the Morgue
77. Jared’s line to Booth in EitB: “You think everything you feel is true.” That’s true of Booth and the opposite is sort of true for Brennan. She feels everything she thinks is true. And likewise, that everything she feels is untrue. I want to see that developed more. Hmmm…I’m sensing a post in my future!
78. Brennan changes the name of her book because Booth doesn’t like it.
79. Oh, Brennan.
80. Thai Food
81. Brennan’s eagerness to want to spread the pain!
82. Brennan’s eagerness to ease Booth’s (back) pain. He loves it too. Sexy Scientist, Sexy FBI Agent; they can’t change who they are.
84.The way Booth manages to interrupt most of Brennan’s dates.
85. I love that Brennan smiles every time she kisses Booth. And I want to see more of that. I feel as if we deserve twice as much B&B in a full time, honest to God relationship as we’ve seen them in other beds/relationships.
“…………Forensic Anthropologist. That’s why no gun…”
87. There is just NO WAY this woman ends up alone at the end of this series. After everything we’ve been through with her, it would be cruel…literally cruel to see her alone. I have faith that we’ll get to see her look at Booth like this again, and it will be wonderfully reciprocated.
88. Brennan dresses up as WonderWoman every year. And Booth as a squint of course.
89. When the rest of the team is running out of the Jeffersonian after having been quarantined, Booth pauses and turns back, and he invites Brennan to Wong Fu’s. And she shows up. (Man in the Fallout Shelter). They don’t even hardly like each other that much. But it’s so meaningful!
90. The little smirk Brennan gets when she thinks she’s funny or when she thinks she’s awesome at relationships.
91. When Brennan comes out to check on Booth on his birthday, she has one piece of cake and two forks. And when he tells her he needs some time, she asks if he needs some space too. And he smiles and says “No, just some time,” and gives a little head nod, encouraging her to sit down. And she does, on an uncomfortable bus-stop bench. And then he tells her that his dad drank. And she stares at him. I love that despite the events of the rest of the episode, Booth still trusts her. It’s interesting (and I’m getting carried away here, but…whatever. It’s my anniversary) because it’s almost like he wants to believe that what they have is special. I don’t really like her toast, but somehow, he’s seen or heard something in it that lets him know that it’s safe to tell her about his dad. He almost never reveals anything about himself (unless it’s to make her feel better about herself or her own family) , so it always takes my breath away…that last scene. Not to say Brennan’s not genuine in the scene either, because she really is. But there’s just something about Booth’s edgy admission that keeps me watching over and over. And it’s sort of reflected in Brennan’s face. More, please.
93. Guy Hugs
94. Booth tells Max he thinks “Bones is beautiful”, and Max tells Booth that he’s a good man, and “He wants that for her.”
95. Booth’s a ‘free spirit rogue rebel’ because of Brennan.
96. The Dwarf in the Dirt: the entire episode. Brennan likes nice boys, but she calls out fake wrestling frauds based on the femurs. Booth consults with Chef Wyatt and comes to terms with himself. And Brennan supports him and gives him a thumbs up. Love it.
97. Brennan makes Booth Mac & Cheese and she improvises (aka tries loving) with nutmeg. Booth loves it (and her) so much that he wants to be alone with it (and her).
98. “That’s a lot of heart, Bones.” Gah!
99. “There is someone for everyone. Someone you’re meant to spend the rest of your life with.” I love that Booth wants this to be true as much as he wants it to be true for her.
100. Brennan knew Booth wouldn’t give up. Booth knew Brennan wouldn’t give up. I know they still won’t give up.
Peace, Love & Bones, (and many thanks for a wonderful year),