Hello and a happy Wednesday to you around the world!
Okay, so I liked how the season premiere began, with Booth giving a confession, and then the camera panning out to the bar and Aldo basically being like “stop, seriously” in good old fashioned male bonding, haha.
I admit I felt trepidation about this new character of Aldo, mainly because of an article I read (I think with Hart Hanson) saying that Aldo knows Booth better than Brennan does.
So, I was hesitant. But I was pleasantly surprised to see that his character worked (for me) and that he supported Booth and Brennan in a way that was beneficial to both of them. It will be interesting to see if Booth finds out that Brennan went to see him (or if what happens at the bar stays at the bar—then again, Aldo told most of Booth’s stuff to Brennan, so probably not, haha).
So far, here are the pros and cons I’ve come up with. Feel free to add your own in the comments!
1. A friend for Booth to talk to
2. A somewhat impartial POV (vs. the folks at the lab, etc.)
3. Another cool place for B&B to get a drink after a case
1. Because of the nature of it (confessions, friendship, etc.), it will be interesting to see what they do with the character of Sweets, since he has filled that role (for better or worse) over the past couple of years
2. Sometimes adding a new character means less screen time for the existing characters. This is what happened throughout season 4, with the original rotation of new squinterns. It depends on whether they will try to develop Aldo’s character at all or basically just make him a ‘prop with a mouth’ so to speak, and only use as needed.