Hello Bones fans!
We will continue the Vintage Bones series and kick off season 4 next week, but I wanted to take a day to celebrate the 4th anniversary of Bones Theory! It was technically yesterday (the 3rd), but it seemed better to finish season three and take today for this and then start S4 on Monday.
Happy Independence Day to my fellow US Citizens and Inhabitants, and happy July 4th to the rest! 🙂
It’s been another great year, and I’m so grateful to each one who comes here and shares their views about Bones. I know the post frequency has slowed down a lot over the past year. There are several reasons for that, but the main one is that when I started BT four years ago, I didn’t have a job, and I had a lot of free time. I did get a job a few months later, and it was fairly easy, meaning I had a lot of time to think and write, etc. At this point in my life, that is not the case. Combine that with where the show is now, and I just don’t have as much to write about. It’s not a bad thing, and as we’ve talked about before, I would rather B&B be together and not have much to speculate about than not have them together! But I do appreciate each person who comes out to discuss the episodes each week.
I also want to welcome all of the new Bones Theory visitors. It is so refreshing to read your thoughts on the show and the characters. I hope you will find a positive, engaging and thoughtful community here. As a reminder (for all), you can subscribe to (or “follow”) Bones Theory! By subscribing, you will provide an email address and be alerted when a new BT post is published. Click the link beneath the “Recent Posts” section on the right of your screen.
And now…here are some quick facts about the site this year:
1. We passed the million view mark, putting us at 1, 132, 409 views (and counting, since you are looking at this!). That is amazing!
2. This year, we had site views from 159 countries* . WELCOME!
3. We passed the 20,000 comment mark, coming in at 20,078 (and counting!).
4. With the word “Bones” in the title, it’s always interesting to see what search engine searches result in visits to BT. A lot of the time they are show-related, but not always. I will spare you the gross ones, and instead…here are some highlights:
- Someone shirtless. “Hodgins Shirtless” is the most, followed by Booth, Wendell and Sweets
- “Do you know what the penalty is for an overdue book?” Whether you are quoting S4 Booth (like me) or are (also like me) the type to incur library fines, welcome kindred spirits.
- Some sort of Opie/Thurston combination (this is in the hundreds)
- People who likely stumbled upon us this year by searching seemingly non-Bones related topics such as 4:47 (133), absit invidia (38), and cougar cruise (6) .
And here are my top five moments from the past season:
1. Brennan got drunk at her post-wedding bachelorette party and was ALL.OVER.BOOTH.
This is a gift.
2. The kiss outside Booth’s office:
3. We met Aldo and Danny and got to actually see Booth interact with some friends. MORE PLEASE!
4. There were some episodes I really, really loved like Spark in the Park, Woman in White, and Big in the Philippines.
5. Booth and Brennan got married! That is just crazy. But amazing!
Beyond that, there have also been some amazing friendships built, and past and present community members/writers have had new babies, new marriages, some world traveling, some missions trips and experiences, new jobs, and a lot more, reminding me that life is good.
Hope you have a great day and a great weekend!
* According to WordPress stats for BT, we’ve had visitors from the following (whether those are residents or people passing through or spam comments haha, I don’t know. But either way, very cool) : Aland Islands, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Bermuda, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cayman Islands, Chile, China, Columbia, Costa Rica, Cote d’Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Estonia, Ethiopia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, French Guiana, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greece, Guadeloupe, Guam, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland , India, Indonesia, Iraq, Ireland, Isle of Man, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jersey, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kuwait, Latvia, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Malta, Martinique, Mauritius, Mexico, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Nigeria, Northern Mariana Islands, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Republic of Korea, Reunion, Romania, Russian Federation, Saint Helena, Saint Lucia, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, State of Palestine, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden , Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United Republic of Tanzania, United States, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Viet Nam, Virgin Islands, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe